Over the course of the next few months we’re going to introduce you to each one of the fine folks that make up Collaborative Divorce Professionals of Greater Kansas City. We recently had Attorney Janet Damore take time to tell us a little more about herself. Meet Janet!
1. How long have you been involved with Collaborative Divorce Professionals? Since it began. I am one of the founding members.
2. Your hometown postcard—what’s on it? My hometown is Olathe, Kansas‐‐‐ the original Dairy Queen that was on old Kansas City Road and Keeler Street. My Dad would pile all the neighborhood kids into our station wagon and treat us all to Dilly Bars.
3. Who is your hero and why? Eleanor Roosevelt. I read a biography that was written about her as a young girl and was very impressed with her. She was a strong leader and a positive role model for me.
4. What book are you reading right now? Nothing at the moment!
5. Name an interesting thing about yourself that others might not know. People might not know my undergraduate degree was in music education, that the pipe organ was my major instrument, that I used to be a music teacher, and that I was a church organist for about 10 years before I went back to law school.
6. What is your favorite web site or app? I don’t really have one.
7. What is the most rewarding aspect of your job? Knowing that I have worked hard for my clients and having them show their appreciation to me.
8. Describe your ideal Saturday! Riding on the tandem bike with my husband. We usually ride about 40 miles, so it is great exercise as well as getting to be outside soaking in fresh air and scenery. Winding down at night with a nice bottle of wine and a great dinner.
9. You’re leaving town for a very, very long time…where would you dine for your last meal and what would you eat? The Bristol in Leawood….and I would most likely have the sea bass.
Feel free to contact Janet directly:
Janet L. Damore
The Damore Law Firm, LLC
Phone: (913) 890-2051