Collaborative divorce is an affordable divorce process in which you and your spouse are each represented by a separate Collaborative attorney specially trained to work in a cooperative manner and specifically committed to helping you reach a fair and equitable divorce outcome. The Collaborative divorce process is an interdisciplinary divorce process that also includes a neutral financial specialist who helps you make sound financial decisions and a neutral divorce coach, a trained mental health professional, who assists you both to identify and communicate your needs and interests to each other in a respectful manner so that you better understand your different perspectives. If you have minor children the divorce coach provides guidance to help you create a workable co-parenting plan. The focus of this process is to work together in a collaborative rather than an adversarial manner to reach a satisfactory negotiated resolution of all issues:
- Respectful: Collaborative divorce encourages better listening, communication, and mutual awareness.
- Transparent: In the Collaborative divorce process, you and your spouse agree to disclose honestly and completely all relevant information to the Professional team.
- Future-oriented: Collaborative divorce provides a better understanding of the issues that led up to your divorce, then focuses on how you both want to move forward rather than dwelling on the past.
- Self-determined: : With the help of your Collaborative professionals you and your spouse determine the resolution that works best for you rather than leaving these very important decisions to the judge who gets only a glimpse of your family and its very specific needs.
- Affordable: Collaboration usually costs less in money, time, and emotional currency when compared to hiring adversarial lawyers and going to court.
- Confidential: You are usually able to keep your private matters more private in a Collaborative divorce.
- Satisfying: Collaborative divorce often results in you and your spouse feeling more proactive and invested in your resolution and more satisfied about the process and the agreement in general.
- Durable: If you have minor children of the marriage, your Collaborative divorce coach provides an ongoing resource to help you and your spouse co-parent as your children grow and mature.
Collaborative Divorce Professionals of Greater Kansas City is an association of separate, independent, unaffiliated professionals dedicated to the interdisciplinary Collaborative process serving communities in Kansas City, North Kansas City, Gladstone, Blue Springs, Independence, Lee’s Summit and surrounding areas in Missouri and Overland Park, Leawood, Shawnee, Lenexa, Olathe, Kansas City and surrounding areas in Kansas.
October 7, 2016
8:00AM – 5:00PM Friday
TOWN CENTER CORTE MADERA COMMUNITY ROOM
770 Tamalpais Drive, Suite 201
Corte Madera, California
Collaborative Practice […]
The financial specialist In a Collaborative divorce process is often referred to as a “financial neutral” because of our impartiality […]